Support and care for disabled children and their families
- Challenging Behaviour Foundation - provides support and makes a different to the lives of people with severe learning difficulties.
- Contact - UK charity providing advice, information and support to the parents of all disabled children. Call the helpline 0808 808 3555, Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm, Monday evening from 5.30pm to 7.30pm. Email email@example.com.
- Family Information Direct - a range of national services to ensure you have access to the information, advice and guidance you need to support you in your parenting.
- Family Lives - 0808 800 2222 - A free and confidential helpline for parents and carers. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- KIDS - the disabled children's charity. KIDS vision is a world in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations and their right to an inclusive community which supports them and their families.
- Salford Parent Carer Forum – a group of parents/carers of children and young people with SEND. They represent your voice as parents and carers, working alongside you, the local authority, schools, health services and other providers to make sure the services they plan and deliver meet the needs of your children and families.
- The Options Clinical Team have created a series of help sheets offering advice and guidance for parents and carers who look after children, young people and adults with autism.
- Young Epilepsy - is a national charity providing support and information for parents and children and young people with epilepsy. Young epilepsy helpline 01342 832243.
Support for families of disabled children
GOV.UK has information on different types of support if you have a disabled child.
Support for carers
Please visit the carers page for details.
This page was last updated on 15 June 2017