Salford Housing Options Point have now moved to:

Ground Floor
Salford Civic Centre
Chorley Road
M27 5AD

Opening hours are:

8.30am to 4.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday

10am to 4.30pm on Thursday

Email housing.advicecentre@salford.gov.uk

If you need emergency accommodation outside our opening hours, please contact the Out of Hours service on 0161 794 8888.

It is important to get help as soon as you have a problem. Salford Housing Options Point have trained officers to help stop you from losing your home. They can also help you move to more suitable accommodation.

What do I do if I have nowhere to live?

If you are homeless today, go to Salford Housing Options Point and ask for housing options advice.

You can also go to Salford Loaves and Fishes on Paddington Close in Pendleton Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm.

Do I need to bring anything?

You will need to take the following with you:

  • Proof of your ID such as a valid passport, a driving licence, a medical card, a letter from your GP
  • Proof of your income or benefits
  • Proof of your National Insurance number

What will I be asked at my housing options assessment?

You will be asked questions about your current housing situation. This is important as it will allow the team to provide you with tailored advice relevant to your circumstances. If you have nowhere to live, this will trigger a homelessness assessment, under the homelessness legislation.

What is temporary accommodation?

Customers who are assessed under the homelessness legislation as having a priority need, and have no accommodation available to them that evening, may be offered emergency accommodation.

This could be a hostel or bed-and-breakfast accommodation.

When will I receive a decision?

Once we have completed your assessment, we will write to you with our decision. If we have accepted a duty to re-house you, we will allow access to Salford Home Search for help finding a new home.

You will have a limited amount of time to place your 'expression of interest' on a property (an expression of interest is a way of registering your interest in a property - please visit renting from a council or housing association for more information). Please be advised that inclusion onto Salford Home Search doesn’t mean you will be offered a property immediately.

Where can I get more help?

You can speak to your housing options officer who will:

  • give you advice about your rights
  • refer into relevant alternative support services
  • help you to secure settled accommodation

For independent advice about your rights you can also contact:

Citizens Advice Bureau
Telephone: 0800 144 8848
Citizens Advice Bureau website

Shelter website
Email: info@shelter.org.uk (for urgent housing advice)
Telephone: 0300 330 1234 (9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday)

Are you concerned about someone sleeping rough? 

If yes, you can email the A Bed Every Night team and they will visit the individual to discuss what support they can offer.

Please email ABEN@salford.gov.uk.

Downloadable documents

If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.

This page was last updated on 8 February 2023

Rate this page