Worried about a child

If you are worried about the welfare or safety of a child, it is very important that you contact us. 

Salford City Council and our partners have a multi-agency hub called the Bridge Partnership that screen all contacts concerning the welfare or safety of a child. 

Who is involved? 

  • Children's Social Care
  • Early Help services
  • Greater Manchester Police
  • Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
  • Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
  • Achieve Recovery Services
  • Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

Why are we doing this now? 

  • To be more responsive to contacts
  • To ensure your contact is dealt with by the most appropriate service
  • To avoid duplication of work by internal and external agencies 

The Bridge Partnership can be contacted by telephone on 0161 603 4500 from 8.30am to 4.30pm. If you need to speak to somebody about your referral of concern outside these hours, please call the Emergency Duty Team on 0161 794 8888.

All referrals and request for support concerning the welfare or safety of a child must go through the Bridge Partnership via our online portal, which you can access below.

Report a safeguarding concern on the Children’s portal

If you have any problems with the online form, please call 0161 603 4500.

Vulnerable to radicalisation

If you have any safeguarding concerns about a person who may be vulnerable to radicalisation or being drawn into terrorism please complete the Prevent form.

Education Welfare Service referral

You can make a referral to the Education Welfare Service.

If a child is in immediate danger of being harmed, or if a child is home alone, the police should be called on 999. 

This page was last updated on 15 October 2023

Rate this page