Tyldesley Loopline is a two kilometre long cycling and walking route. It connects to the multi user path along the new guided busway in the west and Roe Green Loopline in the east.
Improvements were completed in June 2017 providing a high quality, traffic-free route for the community to enjoy.
The improvements included:
- The creation of a three metre wide shared use path made from 50% recycled tyres
- A new surfaced route through Bedford Fields
- Entrances accessible to all users including cyclists, wheelchair and mobility scooter users
- New signs
- Bins at entrance points
- New seating
- Upgraded access points including refurbished steps and new handrails
- Vegetation and tree clearance where necessary to accommodate the route
- Replacement tree planting where possible
- Prickly bushes where needed to provide more security for residents whose houses back onto the route
- Significant drainage improvements to ensure the route is dry all year round. Works include raising the path level and the creation of swales and wetland areas to hold excess water.
- Refurbished subway under the East Lancs including new lighting
Report a problem
If you come across obstructions such as overhanging branches, brambles, or you spot any other danger, please let us know.
TfGM have produced comprehensive cycle maps of the city, available on the TfGM website.
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
This page was last updated on 13 May 2019