Schools and nursery provision for service children

If you've served in the armed forces and need some help finding a school for your family please see information below:

Salford school admissions policy

Salford's school admissions team co-ordinate admissions to schools in accordance with the requirements of the School Admissions Code.

This means that returning personnel will be allocated a place in advance of the family arriving in the area, providing the application is accompanied by an official letter that declares a relocation date and a postal address.

Who to contact

You can write to Helen Nicolle, at the address below, from the school admissions team who will advise you on the schools admissions process.

School Admissions
Salford Civic Centre
Second Floor
Unity House
Chorley Road
M27 5AW

Or you can complete our online form and a member of staff will contact you.

Contact the school admissions team

Schools in Salford

Please take a look at the Salford school finder.

Nursery provision in Salford

Further information can be found by visiting the nursery place pages.

Children with special educational needs (SEN)

Information is available on a number of services which seeks to ensure the presence, participation and progress of all Salford children. The council will work to ensure that special educational provision will be made as soon as a child arrives in Salford.

Parent partnership

The parent partnership provides information on support and advice available to parents and young people with special educational needs and disabilities who live in Salford.

This page was last updated on 12 January 2017

Rate this page