This is short term support for people who are in a crisis, emergency or major disaster situation and are unable to meet the basic needs of themselves or their family.
You will need to meet some simple criteria:
- you are over 16 years old
- have proof of identity
- have a 6 month local connection with Salford
- don't have access to a sufficient income, savings or receive a qualifying means tested benefit
What type of help is available?
The scheme will consider essential items only and cash payments will not be made. Help available may include:
- referral for baby food or a food parcel
- essential furniture items, for example a bed, fridge or cooker
- help with emergency supply of gas or electric where there is no heating in the household
- referral to another service, agency or fund
Assistance may include conditions such as seeking debt advice and referral routes to affordable loans, recycled furniture schemes and support to access food.
Find out how to apply for help from Salford Assist
This page was last updated on 1 December 2017