Resettlement grants

Help to remain in or return to the community

Salford Assist can help to support people to:

  • remain in the community, such as preventing people going into care
  • set up home in the community, if they are leaving a care or prison environment
  • set up home in the community, if they are fleeing domestic abuse

Assistance is provided to people who do not have the resources to meet the basic needs of themselves or their family and can meet some simple criteria:

  • you are over 16 years old
  • have proof of identity
  • have a 6 month local connection with Salford
  • don't have access to a sufficient income, savings or receive a qualifying means tested benefit

What type of help is available?

Salford Assist will consider essential furniture items only and cash payments will not be made. Help available may include:

  • essential furniture items, for example a bed, fridge or cooker
  • referral to another service, agency or fund

Assistance will be linked to support from other services and agencies to help people become established or maintain their independence. These might include teams such as Supported Tenancies and Housing Options, Community, Health and Social Care, Welfare Rights and Debt Advice or Children's Services.

Find out how to apply for help from Salford Assist

This page was last updated on 1 December 2017

Rate this page