Salford Citizens Advice Bureau
If you need help and advice in managing your finances, debt or benefits, the Salford Citizens Advice Bureau may be able to assist you. To find out more visit the Salford Citizens Advice Bureau website or telephone 0161 787 7840.
Salford Citizens Advice Bureau may also be able to help you with other issues such as:
- Community care
Warm and Healthy Homes
There are a number of schemes available through the city council that may be able to assist you to help make your home warmer and healthier whilst cutting fuel bills. Available schemes include:
- Free health safety check for your gas boiler or fire
- Grants to repair your gas boiler or fire
- Grants to replace your gas boiler or improve your home’s insulation
- Free green makeover and benefit from draught proofing, energy saving bulbs and reflective panels
- Free energy advice packs containing top tips on making your home energy efficient and finding the best tariff
To find out more visit the Home energy efficiency web pages or call 0161 793 2264.
Salford Credit Union
Salford Credit Union is an ethical, not for profit organisation with the aim of helping its members at the heart of everything it does. They offer savings and loans products to people living and working in Salford or North Manchester. North West region members of Unison and Unite the Union can also apply.
- They encourage you to save on a regular basis, so you can build up your own savings pot for a rainy day
- Save by standing order or payroll direct from your wages
- Small cash sums (less than £20) can be deposited at local service points
- There’s no minimum amount for savings
- Your savings are secure, we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- There are no charges for depositing or withdrawing money
- You can use your savings to secure a loan
- Check your balance online
- An annual dividend is paid if the union has made a profit
- There are no hidden transaction charges or fees
- It costs £3 to become a member and you need to keep at least £5 in your savings account
For more information visit the Salford Credit Union website.
Find out how to apply for help from Salford Assist
This page was last updated on 1 December 2017