I know someone being abused

If you think that someone you know is being abused, don't wait for them to tell you.

Bring the topic up when you know their abusive partner is not around. Let then know that you are concerned and want to help. Try not to criticise their partner but focus on the woman and her children's safety.

Supporting a friend can be a huge challenge. You don't want them to get hurt, but they will have to make their own decision about whether to stay or leave, as their situation will be very complex and even more so, if the person has children to care for.

If you know someone who you think is being abused, there are many people you can speak to for help and advice.

Downloadable documents

If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.

Rate this page