Our Spirit of Salford Helpline is still available for you to get help, support and advice on lots of different issues that you might be facing at the moment, including advice about help and support for cost of living rises, COVID and Home for Ukraine.
- The helpline number is 0800 952 1000
Option 1 for COVID advice is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
The other options are available as follows:
- Option 2 is health improvement team, open 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Option 3 is Salford Assist, open 8.30am to 4pm. Apply for help from Salford Assist.
- Option 4 is any other Spirit of Salford call, open 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Option 5 is Homes for Ukraine support, open Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm
We can help you with:
- Health Improvement Service – Do you want to access services to get healthier?
- Emergency help – Salford Assist can help with emergency gas support, electricity, or food. Apply for help from Salford Assist.
- Financial or cost of living enquiries – Do you need help with cost of living rises, energy and other bills, support with council tax, housing or getting online? Has your income reduced or have your financial circumstances changed? For more information see our BetterOff in Salford - help for residents page.
- Support for Ukraine – Advice and support for Ukrainian families, sponsors and guest of the Homes for Ukraine scheme.
Meet the teams and hear more about all the services on offer to help and support you with things like improving your health and wellbeing, financial help and support, emergency help in a crisis, employment help and advice and improving your digital skills.
- Wow wow wow, amazing guys
- This is amazing, the help you guys have provided throughout the pandemic is unbelievable
- I am one of the people who has accesses the SOS line, the help that three of your teams have helped me with has been unbelievable. Me and my family will be forever grateful x
- When I needed someone to pick my food and prescription up because I was shielded, your team helped! It was a god send
- The stuff you are all doing around digital inclusion is amazing. It is needed now more than ever. So proud to see Salford leading the way on this!
- Salford are leading the way forward...I have family that live outside Salford that do not get as much support as I do in Salford...truly blessed to be in Salford
- I would like to thank the council tax team for helping me when I was furloughed. They listened and was very sympathetic to what was happening in the pandemic. Got to say the back on track initiative is brilliant.
- My son needed to renew his blue badge and you guys made it so easy! Thanks for making something that has been so hard in the past, so easy!
- I work for another local authority and this is brilliant what you have pulled together, true partnership working.
Why are Salford Assist not open at weekends?
Thank you so much for taking the time to ask a question in relation to Salford Assist’s opening times. As you can imagine, due to the impact of COVID-19, Salford Assist have been extremely busy in the last 12 months and have received over 7,200 application for assistance in that time as well as Test and Trace and Winter Welfare applications. Therefore we do actually have a member of staff working on a Sunday to ensure that we are able to assess and process applications as efficiently and quickly as possible.
This page was last updated on 25 January 2024