If you are in debt or worried about money, act quickly to stop things getting worse.
- Salford City Council’s specialist debt advice service provides free, independent advice to help with problem debts or if you are facing eviction or repossession of your home. They can also assist with financial issues such as negotiating with creditors on client’s behalf and representing them in court. Visit our debt advice page or call 0800 345 7323 Mondays and Wednesdays 1pm to 4pm and Fridays 9.30am to 12.30pm.
- You can also speak to a debt adviser from Salford Citizens Advice by calling 0808 278 7802 between 9am and 4pm, or 0161 850 5053 between 6pm until 9pm. Advisors are also available at Pendleton and Eccles Gateways on Mondays and Wednesdays 9am to 2pm, Walkden Gateway on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 2pm, Cadishead library on Tuesdays from 10am to 12.30pm and the Broughton Hub on Wednesdays from 9.30am to 3pm.
- Our BetterOff website offers a range of resources around debt advice and budgeting. Or if you prefer to talk to someone face to face please drop into your local gateway for further assistance. For more details, please see our page about general help and support.
- The Salford Unemployed and Community Resource Centre can help to provide initial advice on managing your debts. Free drop in sessions run on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9am to 11.30am at Salford Unemployed and Community Resource Centre, 84-86 Liverpool Road, Eccles, M30 0WZ. You can also contact the team on 0161 789 2999 to book an afternoon appointment.
- Members of the armed forces can visit Salford’s dedicated Advice and benefits for armed forces personnel webpage for information and a list of places to find financial support.
- For confidential help with debts you can also contact National Debtline, Step Change or Money Helper.