Request a business rates refund

You can request a refund if your business rates account is in credit. This could happen if you have:

  • overpaid
  • moved out of the area
  • property removed from the rating list
  • rateable value reduction
  • no longer liable for business rates
  • entitled to rate relief/exemption

Refunds are usually paid by cheque to the person who is named on the business rates bill or by BACS if paid by Direct Debit, any overpayments made by credit or debit card are transferred back to the credit or debit card account.

We will only refund you if you do not owe any further amounts of business rates to us. If we cannot issue you with a refund, we will contact you to confirm this.

Request a business rates refund

Rate this page