How to contact us

We would like as many people as possible to contact us online, rather than calling. There's lots of ways you can contact us online using online forms. Use the search box to find what you need or use our list of contacts below.

Contact the customer services team on Twitter @SalfordCCHelp, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.30pm.

Report it

You can report a whole range of problems on our report it page. 

Web chat

You can use our web chat facility Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm. When one of our officers is available a 'Chat live with us' button will appear in the bottom right of your screen on relevant pages. When there aren't any available officers you will see a 'Live chat unavailable' button.

To chat to an officer about the following topics please start your chat on a page in those areas of the website:

Council tax and benefits

We are unable to discuss council tax or benefits issues with you via social media.


Information for landlords about:

Main council contacts 

Parking issues, including parking or bus lane penalty charge notice (PCN)

Planning and buildings


Complaints, compliments and comments

Health and social care


Children's centres

See our Family Hubs page.

Neighbourhood teams

Libraries, leisure centres and museums

Salford Community Leisure manage the city's libraries, leisure centres and museums

Salford City Council's out of hours emergency service

Outside normal office hours, including weekends and public holidays, the council's emergency service can be contacted by telephoning 0161 794 8888 or use our contact form.

You should only use this form during the following times:

  • Monday to Thursday 4.30pm to 8.30am
  • Weekends from 4.30pm on Friday to 8.30am on the following Monday
  • Anytime on a public or bank holiday.

Outside of those times messages will not be read.

You should only use this form to report emergencies. The team can not deal with enquiries relating to the following business areas:

Rate this page