Permit applications

How can I apply for a permit?

If you are an operator of an installation where one or more regulated activities are carried out, you will require a permit to operate. You will need to apply for a permit from Salford City Council. Copies of the relevant application forms are available to download at the bottom of the page.

Process guidance notes

Each sector of industry has a guidance note relevant to that activity. It is advisable to obtain a copy of the relevant process guidance notes found on the DEFRA website.

How long does it take to process an application?

The timescale for processing a new application varies depending on the type of activity you are applying for.

  • For all A2 applications the determination period is four months
  • For part B applications the determination period is four months except for dry cleaners and small waste oil burners which is three months

How much does an application cost?

Some applications will require a charge and an application cannot be submitted without the relevant application fee. The fees and charges for part A2 and part B installations can be found on the DEFRA website.

Further guidance and support links

Below are some links to organisations that as an operator you may find useful:

This page was last updated on 16 May 2017