Permit variation

How do I vary my permit?

As a permitted operator, you may over time make variations to the installation, such as replacing plant or equipment for more up to date technology. For all variations to a permitted activity you will be required to inform Salford City Council in writing at least 14 days before the making the change. For variations that will change the nature or functioning, or an extension of the installation, which may have consequences for the environment (substantial change), you will be required to complete a variation application form. The appropriate forms are available to download at the bottom of the page.

Process guidance notes

Each sector of industry has a guidance note relevant to that activity. It is advisable to obtain a copy of the relevant process guidance notes from the DEFRA website.

How much does an application cost?

Some applications will require a charge and an application cannot be submitted without the relevant application fee. The fees and charges for part A2 and part B installations can be found on the Defra website.

If a fee is required, payment can be made by cheque (payable to Salford City Council) or by contacting 0161 925 1097 and making a payment over the phone.

You are advised to contact prior to submitting your application to ensure that the correct fee payment is made.

How long does it take to process an application?

The timescale for processing a variation application varies depending on the type of activity you are applying for.

  • For all A2 applications the determination period is four months
  • For Part B applications the determination period is four months except for dry cleaners and small waste oil burners which is three months

This page was last updated on 2 August 2018

Rate this page