Apply to demolish a building

Under Section 80 of the Building Act 1984 anyone intending to carry out demolition work within the city is required to notify the council.

The council has six weeks to respond, with appropriate notices and consultations under Sections 81 and 82 of the act. Certain conditions may be specified relating to site safety and the manner in which the work is undertaken.

Planning approval may be required. 

Apply online

The quickest and easiest way to notify building control of a demolition is by using the submit-a-plan website.

Apply on the submit-a-plan site

This page was last updated on 12 February 2020

Rate this page