Assisted bin collections

Salford City Council can provide assistance to residents who are unable to wheel their own bins to the kerbside for collection because of disability, ill health or mobility problems.

Could you cope with a smaller bin?

We can exchange your 240 litre wheelie bin for a smaller 140 litre bin, if this would help instead of assistance please complete our online form.

Exchange my black bin

Exchange a recycling bin

Other assistance available to you

If you are finding everyday tasks difficult, you may want to contact Disabled Living. Based in Wardley, Disabled Living is a charity which provides impartial information about equipment (assistive technology) and services for disabled adults, children and older people.  

Our help to live at home pages offer information and advice about other aspects of daily living that you might be finding difficult.

How to apply for an assisted bin collection

Use our online form to apply for an assisted bin collection.

Apply for an assisted bin collection

How to cancel an existing assisted bin collection

Use our online form to cancel an assisted bin collection if you no longer need this service.

Cancel your assisted bin collection

Keeping the list up to date

In an effort to keep the list as up to date as possible, a yearly renewal correspondence will be sent to all those households registered on the list to ask that they re-apply. If a response is not received within the timescale given then your details will be taken off our assisted list, without further notice, and you will then be expected to place your bins at the kerbside ready for collection on the appropriate day.

All information provided will be treated in confidence and in strict accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only share information with your consent or if the law allows us to.

See the assisted bin collection privacy notice for further information, this is in the Place service area.

This page was last updated on 22 April 2024

Rate this page