The following Hackney Carriage fares are effective from 26 August 2022.
Tariff one: for hirings between 5am and 10pm
- If the distance does not exceed 480 yards for the whole distance £2.80
- If the distance exceeds 480 yards, for the first 480 yards £2.80
- For each subsequent 200 yards or part thereof up to 3 miles £0.20
- After 3 miles, for each subsequent 147 yds of part thereof £0.20
- Waiting time: 20p per 60 seconds or part thereof
Tariff two: for hirings between 10pm and 5am, and on bank holidays
- If the distance does not exceed 480 yards for the whole distance £3.60
- If the distance exceeds 480 yards, for the first 480 yards £3.60
- For each subsequent 154 yards or part thereof up to 3 miles £0.20
- After 3 miles, for each subsequent 113 yards of part thereof £0.20
- Waiting time: 20p per 45 seconds or part thereof
Tariff three: for hirings on Christmas and New Year
- Christmas: For each hiring commencing 7pm 24 December to 5am 27 December
- New Year: For each hiring commencing 7pm 31 December to 5am 2 January
Tariff 1 + 100%
Waiting time: 40p per 60 seconds or part thereof
- For each passenger in excess of one (two children under 10 years to be counted as one passenger for fare purposes only): 20p extra
- Soiling charge: £50
- Drop off and pick up charges at airports and other terminals
The fares and charges set out above apply in the city of Salford and all destinations within 4 miles of the city boundary, or which are within the region of Greater Manchester.
The fare for a hiring ending outside of Greater Manchester or more than 4 miles from the nearest point of the Salford city boundary shall be charged at an amount agreed with the hackney carriage driver before the commencement of the journey. If no such amount is agreed the fare is the amount indicated on the meter at the conclusion of the journey.