Report an accident involving a licensed taxi vehicle

Who is this form for?

This form is only to be used by owners of hackney carriage or private hire vehicles licensed by Salford City Council.

What is the form for?

Owners of taxis licensed by Salford City Council must notify the Licensing Authority if their licensed vehicle is involved in an accident which results in damage to the vehicle, affecting the safety, performance or appearance of the vehicle.

This should be reported as soon as possible, and within 72 hours at the latest. You can access this form 24 hours a day. 

Failure to report within 72 hours may result in penalty points being issued or referral to the Licensing Regulatory Panel. 

Please be aware that you will be asked to upload a valid certificate of insurance or cover note relating to the vehicle and photos showing the damage to the vehicle.

What happens next?

Once you have submitted the report a member of the licensing team will be in touch. You may be asked to present your vehicle to an officer for inspection, which may result in your vehicle licence plates being suspended until the damage has been rectified, and the vehicle passes a compliance test. If your vehicle is suspended, the vehicle must not be used for carrying fare paying passengers.

Report an accident

Rate this page