Weaste Cemetery

Joseph Brotherton memorial, photo courtesy of Cherry Harrison

Weaste is the oldest of Salford's four cemeteries. Since it opened in 1857, over 332,000 interments have taken place in its 39 acres.

Weaste Cemetery is included on English Heritage's Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England. It is one of two registered parks and gardens in the city, both of which are grade II. In addition six of the beautiful memorial stones commemorating leading citizens of Salford have been given Grade II listed building status by English Heritage, in recognition of their ornate structure.

A cemetery heritage trail, featuring a number of well known people interred in the cemetery is now available.

Unfortunately, there are no toilet facilities at Weaste, but a water tap is available next to the main entrance to enable visitors to replenish any floral tributes which have been arranged on the graves.

Cemetery opening times.

Weaste Cemetery: A biography of a community

Location details

Weaste Cemetery
Cemetery Road (off Eccles New Road),
Weaste,
Salford
M5 5NR

Downloadable documents

If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.

Who to contact

Name
Agecroft Cemetery and Crematorium
Address
Langley Road
Pendlebury
Salford
M27 8SS
Map to this location
Telephone
0161 686 7290
Email
agecroft.cemetery@salford.gov.uk
Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK