Change of address within Salford

If you are currently in receipt of housing benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction and are moving to a property within the Salford area, you must tell us immediately about the change if you want to receive benefit at your new address, as failure to do so may result in you receiving too little or too much benefit.

If you have completed the council tax 'Tell us you are moving' form and have confirmed you wish to claim housing benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction at your new address there is no need to complete the 'Update your address' form below as the information will be shared with the benefits department.

Due to system maintenance the online form will be unavailable between the hours 5.15am to 6.30am and 7pm and 8pm daily.

Report your change of address using our online form below. You will need to provide your current benefit claim reference to proceed with the form. You can find this on your recent benefit entitlement letter or on your Salford Customer account. Click on ‘My account’ at the top of the page to log in or register for a Salford customer account’

Update your address


Retrieve a claim already started

It is an offence not to tell us about any change of circumstance that affects your benefit. This should be done no later than one month from the date of the change. If you do not do this, we may take action against you which could include imposing a penalty, caution or court action. If we've paid you too much benefit, you will probably have to pay it back.

Alternatively, you can report the change of address at one of the Gateway Centres in Swinton, Eccles, Pendleton or Walkden, or Broughton Hub.

Don't forget to register to vote at your new address!

This page was last updated on 30 September 2023

Rate this page