Notice is hereby given that Salford City Council proposes to construct speed cushions and a raised table in the lengths of road specified in the schedule below.
Speed cushions, no greater than 75mm high (+/- 15mm) 3.5 metres in length and 2 metres in width, constructed with shallow approach ramps with gradients no steeper than 1:10. The mid-points of the speed cushions will be located as follows:
Madams Wood Road
- From a point 30.75m in a south easterly direction from the junction with Peel Lane.
- From a point 6.75m in a westerly direction from the western kerbline of Buttercup Avenue.
- From a point 67.75m in an easterly direction from the eastern kerbline of Buttercup Avenue.
- From a point 12.75m in a westerly direction from the western kerbline of Freesia Avenue.
- From a point 17.75m in a westerly direction from the western kerbline of Wincheaves Crescent.
- From a point 52.75m in a westerly direction from the western kerbline of Worsley Avenue.
- From a point 11.75m in an easterly direction from the eastern kerbline of Worsley Avenue.
- From a point 36.75m in an easterly direction from the eastern kerbline of a road serving parking for 1 to 19 Barry Crescent.
- From a point 30.75m in a north easterly direction from the north eastern kerbline of the eastern junction to Barry Crescent.
- From a point 33.75m in a north easterly direction from the north eastern kerbline of the westerly junction of Hulton Avenue.
- From a point 17.75m in a westerly direction from the western kerbline of Mere Fold.
- From the western extended kerbline of Hilton Lane for a distance of 44.75m in a westerly direction.
Raised junction table (75mm high (+/- 15mm) (7 metres in length and 6 metres in width on Madams Wood Road
- From a point 57.50m in a north westerly direction from the extended western kerbline of the eastern junction of Hulton Ave and Madams Wood Road (near 38 Hulton Avenue.
If no objections are received, road humps and a raised table will be constructed on the lengths of road as detailed in the schedule after 13 August 2020.
Introduction of 20 mph Speed Limit Zone
The order shall be to prohibit any person from driving any motor vehicle at a speed exceeding 20mph on the following roads for their entire length unless otherwise stated:
- Madams Wood Road
- Buttercup Avenue
- Freesia Avenue
- Harebell Avenue
- Wicheaves Crescent
- Jonquil Drive
- Mortlake Close
- Aspinall Grove
- Aspinall Close
- Aspinall Crescent
- Wichbrook Road
- Fairhurst Drive
- Cartleach Grove
- Worsley Avenue
- Worsley Grove
- Avon Close
- Fleetwood Road
- Yates Drive
- Cartleach Lane
- Barry Crescent
- Weaver Avenue
- Calder Drive
- Kent Close
- Westwood Avenue
- Eastwood Avenue
- Walkdene Drive
- Wardley Avenue
- Hulton Avenue
- Lymm Close
- Roxby Close
- Elsham Drive
- Mere Fold
- Hilton Bank
- Hilton Grove
Details of the proposals may be examined at Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton, M27 5DA, 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday (due to the COVID-19 restrictions, please ensure that the Civic Centre is open before attending). Alternatively, copies of the documentation may be requested via the email or postal addresses below. If you wish to object to the proposals you should send the grounds of your objection in writing to Fiona Ledden, City Solicitor: PO Box 532, Town Hall, Manchester, M60 2LA or firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 August 2020 quoting ref GS/OUT1093/822.
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.